Supporting patients and developing expertise.
- Address issues preventing GPs from prescribing medicinal cannabis.
- Conduct a Scrutiny review of medicinal cannabis.
- Investigate the use of the Individual Funding Request or equivalent mechanism for patients in greatest need.
- Provide professional training to healthcare professionals.
- Establish a hospital cannabis clinic or equivalent.
- Facilitate clinical trials and research and development.
- Consider partnerships with industry to reduce costs and facilitate research and development.
- Raise awareness of medicinal cannabis.
- Accommodate medicinal cannabis in healthcare settings.
- Implement Police procedures for interacting with patients.
Maximising the potential of cannabis cultivation.
- Implement the accepted recommendations of the Scrutiny report on the medicinal cannabis cultivation industry.
- Government should be transparent and proactive in the communication of both past and future developments.
- Increase the limit of THC permitted in industrial hemp.
- Update the legal definition of OTC cannabis end products.
- Promote the use of hemp products in the Island.
- Champion the regenerative cultivation of hemp.
- Investigate the use of hempcrete for carbon negative construction.
Addressing drug and alcohol consumption.
- Prioritise the new Drug and Alcohol Strategy.
- Develop the new strategy according to international best practices and human rights.
- Ensure adequate funding for the new substance use strategy.
- Transfer responsibility for substance use from Home Affairs to Health.
- Delegate oversight of substance use to the Assistant Minister for Mental Health.
- Consider recruitment of a new Director for the Alcohol and Drug Service.
- Involve people with experience of substance use in MDAC deliberations.
- Provide up to date information on substances to educate the public.
Personal cannabis use should not result in a criminal record.
- Prioritise the Crime Law and associated amendment to the Misuse of Drugs Law.
- Reclassify cannabinol and cannabinol derivatives as Class B drugs.
- Reschedule cannabis as a Schedule 2 drug.
- No longer criminalise the smoking of medicinal cannabis.
- Tolerate the personal cultivation of cannabis.
- Review sentencing guidelines.
- De-prioritise the policing of cannabis.
Cannabis legalisation is inevitable.
- Liaise with the UK and Guernsey on implementing legalisation.
- Plan for the future regulation of cannabis.
- Introduce legislation to legalise cannabis.
Page: 29 / 30